WELCOME TO MY HEAD

Here it is....for the world to see....
Please read, and tell your friends...
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD COMMENT!!!!

Quote of the....well....however long it takes for me to get a new one.

"You don't miss your water
Till your well runs dry."
-The Black Crowes

Monday, June 2, 2008

When it Rains, it Pours

So, I'm apparently getting set up.  An old friend from high school heard I was single and apparently has "the perfect girl" for me.  She emailed me today and said that she had spoken with her friend and that she had said that it was ok for her to give me her number (as if I'm some kind of creepy stalker or something.)  So, I guess I have to call her right?  (My friend's exact words in the email were "Don't do the 'wait 3 days' thing, call her tomorrow.")  This presents a bit of a dilemma.  Two bits of a dilemma if you will.

First there is Caitlin.  I like her.  I may be interested in more than just a fling, but to what point am I responsible for not messing around while I'm still single?  I mean, I can't really be held accountable in the future for something that goes on now can I?  

Second is The Friend of the Friend from CT.  It looks as though she will be in Boston this weekend, and more than likely is pretty much a sure thing if I go for it.  Should I be expected not to at this point?  I personally don't feel like I'm accountable to anyone but myself at this point, but honestly it would be pretty much my worst nightmare if this somehow came back later to ruin something that could have been great.

I mean, aren't I living every guy's dream right now?  I have at least one girl who just wants to get laid, one girl who I am feeling like I'm into, and another that I know nothing about, but apparently is interested/desperate enough to give her phone number to someone she doesn't even know.  I guess you could say I'm being a "player" at this point, but honestly, I'm not really trying to do that, and it is really causing a moral dilemma for me.

Any advice would be appreciated.

On another note, I'm still on the fence about this blogger party.  I'm feeling like it is a game time decision.  Father's day, girls, parties, too much for me to plan so far ahead.  But please don't take it personally.  It isn't like that.  I'm sure it will be a great time, and quite frankly there is the very real possibility that I will attend.  I'm sorry for holding out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you could be livng every mans dream, but it's YOUR dream, meaning you make the decisions and you suffer the consequenses.

If a man has a woman waiting to get laid, (as you said) she doesn't count anyways b/c it's not like you will carry a relationship with her. Right? As some people I know call it "Hit it and quit it"

So sad.....

Julie said...

I think you just need to do your thing. You are still single and yeah, you are only answering to yourself. It's so early on with C that sure there might be some small consequences later, but as long as you haven't promised her anything or had the commitment talk you're in the clear. Live the dream - do your thing.

But maybe you shouldn't be taking advice from a maneater...

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie....my hubby calls me a "Manhater", not true, I did marry a man :)