WELCOME TO MY HEAD

Here it is....for the world to see....
Please read, and tell your friends...
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD COMMENT!!!!

Quote of the....well....however long it takes for me to get a new one.

"You don't miss your water
Till your well runs dry."
-The Black Crowes

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Bookeeping...and such...

So I re-read that post from 2 nights ago...seriously considered taking it down, but I feel like if I post it, its there for a reason, so it's staying.  I'm really not neurotic.  Or I didn't used to be, but reading that makes me feel like Van Gough or some shit.  I'm not depressed.  Never have been.  I just had this overwhelming feeling of loneliness for some reason...it's gone now...

Anyway, as far as books go, I've finished The Road.  It was good.  The ending (specifically the last paragraph) kind of left me scratching my head, and I'm definitely going to have to read the whole book again to pick up on the subtle symbolism type stuff.  I've decided Atlas Shrugged needs to wait for another time.  I don't think I am in a situation where I can give a book of that volume and deepness the kind of time that I should.  So I'm re-reading A Short History of Nearly Everything...again.  I'm an engineer, its a nerd book, but every time I read it I feel like I learn something new.

In other news, I've got a pretty booked month coming.  Few concerts, sporting events, holidays and maybe just maybe a little party with all of my fellow bloggers.  I'm excited.  It seems every
 time I'm single I get to do tons of awesome things with my friends that for some reason I don't get to do when I'm attached.  And its not even like I couldn't do them when I have a girlfriend, I just don't for some reason.  It is a mystery.

Also, today is apparently an historic day, as an African American man has been nominated as the Democratic party's presidential candidate.  Many people say that this shows serious progress in American society.  I guess that argument can be made, but to convince me that significant progress is being made in American society a lot more will have to happen.  But congrats to Mr. Obama and all of his supporters.  I personally voted for Hillary (because by the time of the MA primary John Edwards had already dropped out), but honestly, I feel like anyone is better than what we've got going on now, and things can only get better.

I'm attaching one of my photos to this post.  I am
 not a photographer.  I'm a guy who likes to
 take pictures, and sometimes I get lucky.  This shot is one of my luckiest.  It is in the Public Garden in Boston.  A little dark, and not ideal composition, but the subject is essentially posing, which is tough with animals.  If you like it, great.  If not, so be it.  I have it framed on my wall and the overall reception that it has received has been pretty good.  Sorry its so small...I'm a blogging rookie...don't know how to fix that...

And all of my fears about Caitlin and what was going on with the phone call were completely unfounded.  She called me last night while I was at the baseball game.  She apologized for not calling sooner, and explained that she and her girlfriends had gone out the night before for drinks and to see Sex and the City.  We are, with any luck, hanging out this weekend.  The Girl That Was There For Me has cancelled her trip to the city, so things are working out pretty well at this point....It's not that I have anything against her...I just like Caitlin more.

Anyway, keep reading and commenting.  You guys are like my free therapy at this point (speaking of therapy, that is a WHOLE other post that I promise to write.)

Later

1 comment:

megabrooke said...

i think that's a good picture- im diggin it.

glad to hear you got lots going on- summer is notorious for that, right?

jealous you were at the game the other night!