WELCOME TO MY HEAD

Here it is....for the world to see....
Please read, and tell your friends...
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD COMMENT!!!!

Quote of the....well....however long it takes for me to get a new one.

"You don't miss your water
Till your well runs dry."
-The Black Crowes

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Bit of an Epiphany

So I'm kind of coming to my senses about C.  She didn't call me today.  I had to call her at about 9 PM.  I'm kind of being played aren't I?  I'm kind of realizing this at this point and I'm convincing myself that I'm right, that she isn't in it for the same reasons as me.  Also, I'm thinking its not about her being flakey and more about her not giving a shit about whether she gets back to me or not.  I gave her the benefit of the doubt for a little bit too long, but even if she is just really flakey do I really want to deal with someone like that?  This is the thinking pattern I'm used to going through my head when I'm "normal".  I guess it's less emotion and more logic.  Thinking like an engineer if you will.  This is where I'm comfortable, and it saves me a whole bunch of stress and anxiety when I can step back and get rid of the emotional reasons I'm thinking about things.

Here is where I am with C.  I spoke to her today.  Called her out for not calling me, and then said "Ya know, it's way to early in whatever this is for me to expect anything from you and vice versa.  I do expect honesty.  That isn't too much to ask.  I would love to keep seeing you how we are seeing each other now.  I have no problem with that.  I just wanted to clarify what this is/was so we were both on the same page.  Also, if you say you're going to call me, please call me and don't make me sit all night waiting for you.  Thanks."

The ball is in her court.  I'm at the point where I'm not going to try all that hard for a girl who isn't exactly showing a whole lot of interest.  I've realized that what happened this weekend definitely shouldn't have happened like it did, and thats how I'm looking at this.  If she wants to see me, she can see me.  If not, I can deal with that too.  That was the problem I was having.  I didn't think I could deal with not being with her, but I'm now looking at her, how she is and the realisticness (i just made that word up) of whether anything would ever work between us even if she did want it to.

I say this all now because I'm a tough guy.  Wait till I'm home alone for a few days.

3 comments:

GM said...

It sounds to me like you and her are just at different places in your life.

And there is really nothing you can do about that.

Anonymous said...

Here's the deal, girls are not hard to get when it comes to whether they like you or not. The ones that go back and forth will probably go back and forth the whole time you're with them. You'll always be fighting to keep them 100% of the time. It's the ones that know they like you want to spend time with you and are not interested in letting you date other people that you want.

If you're looking for the real deal, I would suggest pulling yourself from C until you're 100% sure you're up for the task.

I can tell you right now I would love meet guys like you who just throw it down like that. It probably scares her a bit, but if she doesn't respond with a desire to put more effort into your dating then I wouldn't put your energy into her.

Sounds mean, but girls either are in it or they're just using you for whatever reason.

I wish you the best!

voice said...

oh man. i'm gonna give you my 2 cents here and some insight into the twisted female mind... (should i apologize in advance??) she LOVES that you're so nice and a gentleman, and she LOVES the attention. but that's about as far as it is gonna go. you make her feel good, and she will eat that up for as long as you're handing it out.
you're too available and you have already laid your cards out for her. if she were that into it, you would know by now.
you gotta pull back, be busy, pretend you don't care. games suck, but if you pull back, she'll come after you. she will miss the attention.
just my 2 cents. i would never want to date a woman!