WELCOME TO MY HEAD

Here it is....for the world to see....
Please read, and tell your friends...
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD COMMENT!!!!

Quote of the....well....however long it takes for me to get a new one.

"You don't miss your water
Till your well runs dry."
-The Black Crowes

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Homerism...


See!  I TOLD you if they won I'd be the first one to buy the hokey championship garb!  Ok, I wasn't FIRST, but it hasn't even been 24 hours and I've already got it!  And one for my dad that I promised him on father's day.

So, just a quick recap because last night I was too damn tired to do this right.  KG, you made me eat my words and I appreciate it.  Great game.  Transcendent game.  You will no longer be mentioned with the likes of Karl Malone or Charles Barkley.  Ray, unbelievable man.  Best shooting performance of the playoffs for you by far.  Great work, and god bless.  Ray's son has been diagnosed with diabetes, which isn't the end of the world, but means a life of needles and medicine for Ray and the family.  Paul, thanks for sticking around.  Thanks for game 7 against the Cavs.  You spend a few more years here and I'll see that number of yours up in the rafters with all the rest.

But the reason this game was won how it was had a lot to do with the random role players.  Rondo (21 points 8 assists) Posey (2/2 from 3 and shot 100% for the game) and Eddie "In Tha" House all contributed to this one, and all deserve their rings.

I will be at the parade tomorrow morning.

While I'm here I'd like to address rioting.  I've been in this city for all three of the Patriots Superbowls, both of the Sox Word Series and now a Celtics championship, and every time a team wins a group of mindless hooligan assholes ruins the celebration for everyone else.  I have no problem with people in the streets.  Hell if you're a girl and wanna flash 5000 of your closest friends be my guest.  But WHY do these people feel the need to destroy shit all the time?  Just once I'd like the fans to pour out into the street.  Party like hell, then go home when the police tell you to without flipping cars and breaking windows.  Just because you can get away with it doesn't mean you should do it.

On a sad note, at 2 of these events young people lost their lives.  Now, at Fenway when that girl was hit with a pepper bullet that was a tragic accident.  She was a bystander.  She was not innocent.  I'm sorry.  I was there.  I was in the street with everyone else.  But ya know what?  when the police came with clubs and shields and told me to go home, guess what I did?  I went home.  If everyone did that none of this shit would happen.  If that young lady listened to the police when they told her and everyone else to disperse, she would be here today.  But she didn't because she got caught up in the crowd mentality of "I'm just a face in the crowd, and if everyone doesn't leave, I don't have to leave and I can get away with it" so instead of leaving she stayed.  Accidents happen, and I am by no means apologizing for the untrained officer who was wielding the weapon that day, but if you don't put yourself in a position for something like that to happen to you, the chances are it won't.

Call me an asshole, I'm just stating my opinion.  You have every right to disagree.  It's a free country.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I have a comment to one of your older posts about Tom Petty. We saw Petty in Hartford last week and had the same experience. The audience sucked, they were obnoxious and crude and took away from the good of the music. You'd think they'd never seen a beer before. Did you see him at the Comcast Center? Is this typical for audiences there, b/c we have tix for another show there this summer. But Petty still rocked.

~*~Snappz~*~ said...

I have to agree with you.
"Accidents" happen when there's nothing that can be done to prevent them. If someone has the chance to do something to change the outcome, (e.g. leaving a situation, or changing what they're doing) then it's not really an accident. It's sad, yeah. And it must be heartbreaking for her friends and family, who now have to live with the thoughts of "If only/What if", but that girl made her choice. Unfortunately, it was the wrong one.

P.S. Cool blog!