WELCOME TO MY HEAD

Here it is....for the world to see....
Please read, and tell your friends...
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD COMMENT!!!!

Quote of the....well....however long it takes for me to get a new one.

"You don't miss your water
Till your well runs dry."
-The Black Crowes

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Business Travel

I travel for work.  Not a lot, but it happens more than a few times a year.

When I tell people this they are SO impressed.    I don't understand why.  I mean, if I were important enough, or high enough up in my company, I wouldn't have to travel.  I'd send someone like me out to travel instead.  People also think it is SO COOL to travel for work.  Sometimes its not bad, but let me sum up what most of my work travel ends up being like.

Wake up at 4 AM to get to the airport far a 630 AM flight.  Deal with the airport and all of its nonsense.  Get on the plane and fly to wherever the hell it is I'm being sent in that particular instance.  Get to the office.  Work.  Work with a bunch of people who I don't know all day and into the night.  Generally pretty late in the night.  Go to dinner with someone from said random office who I don't know, or in the worst case alone.  Check into the hotel room, sleep till early the next day and get into the office really early.  Work till noon-ish and then go back to the airport and fly back home, get into Boston just in time to sit in rush hour traffic in a cab on the way home.

Now, I know some people think it is glamorous to travel for work, but quite frankly it is pretty much exactly the opposite.  It sucks. I hate it.  If I never do it again I would be thrilled....but at least I can tell people and impress them.....

No comments: