WELCOME TO MY HEAD

Here it is....for the world to see....
Please read, and tell your friends...
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD COMMENT!!!!

Quote of the....well....however long it takes for me to get a new one.

"You don't miss your water
Till your well runs dry."
-The Black Crowes

Monday, June 16, 2008

The Recap

Very interesting weekend.  Very interesting.  So Friday night I was supposed to hang out with C, but there were some complications.  The original plan was centered around her friend's birthday.  She wants me to meet her friends, so I guess what better way than to hang out with them all while they're celebrating one of her friend's birthdays.  I spoke with her Friday after work and she still wasn't clear on what was happening, so I asked her to give me a call when she did.  In the meantime some friends were planning on going out, and the time was coming to make the decision about what I was going to do.  I called C and asked what the deal was.  Turns out her friend's (who's birthday it was)  boyfriend planned a "surprise" party for her at his parents house??  That he didn't tell her best friends about??  I've since been informed that the speculation is that he was doing this more to keep her from going out than to throw a surprise party.  So C said that she had to go, but that I was welcome to come.  I declined.  I mean, honestly, I'm gonna go to a surprise birthday party that I wasn't really invited to at someone's parent's house?  I don't think so.

C sounded legitimately disappointed, and apologized over and over for the situation.  I assured her it wasn't a problem but that I was really disappointed that I wouldn't see her.  I spent the night out with friends getting FAR too drunk, somehow not even thinking about it.

Saturday I spent tailgating and seeing Tom Petty.  It was a great time.  Good show, but a
 horrible vibe overall at the concert.  The venue seemed full of high school drama.  There was tension to say the least.  But, in the meantime at this concert I saw my ex from 2 exes ago.  She couldn't run away this time, and was forced to talk to me.  Honestly, we had a great conversation and caught up a lot.  I hope this means that she now knows that she can talk to me and we could POSSIBLY be friends, but that remains to be seen.  It seems she is now less concerned with the awkwardness between the two of us and more about what her boyfriend will say/do about the two of us possibly being friends.  I didn't say this to her, but honestly he needs to grow up.  There is nothing between us.  It's been over for a long time.  We're friends...Though I guess I can understand where he'd be coming from.

Sunday I went to the North Shore to take my father out for dinner for Father's Day.  We had an early dinner because he had been up at dawn to go fishing and I didn't want to keep him up.  On the way back to Boston I figured what the hell, I'll give C a call.  She answered and I asked if she had plans to watch the game.  She said nothing concrete and that she'd make a phone call or two and get dressed and call me back.

We ended up meeting at a bar, having some drinks and a bit of food and talking and watching the whole game together. (did I mention she is a sports nut?  She was more pissed off about the Celtics losing that game than I was, and that is hard to do)  Toward the end of the night she told me that she was taking today off because she has tomorrow off for Bunker Hill Day??  Yeah, apparently that is a holiday in the state of Massachusetts.  So I asked if she had plans for today and she said, no nothing solid.  I said, "Well, if you want to come to Boston with me I'll take tomorrow off and we can hang out in the city."  This caught her a bit off guard.  She thought I was kidding.  I assured her that I wasn't and she seemed truly excited and said she would love to come to the city with me.  We stopped at her house so she could get her stuff and drove to Boston at around 1 AM.

We went to bed and spent a long time talking about all kinds of things.  Kids came up (not me, I promise.  I would NEVER start a conversation about kids with a girl I've only seen a few times.) and we both shared that neither of us was anywhere near the part of our lives where kids would be a good idea.  Then we went to bed, and again, we did not "seal the deal" as it were.  I'm taking this as a good sign, though I'm not sure I should.

Today we woke up around 10.  We both showered (separately unfortunately) and got ready to go.  I have a Mac....the weather widget for the Mac Dashboard...sucks.  Not even close.  Last night at 1 AM it said today would be sunny and 77 degrees.  Needless to say it was wrong, which kind of threw off my plans for anything to do.  We got coffee and ended up on Newbury Street.  We walked and talked and got lunch.  On our way back to my car it was raining, and I was the hero for remembering my umbrella.  We spent the afternoon at the MFA where we looked at art and talked more.  I drove her back to the North Shore this afternoon.

Now, I was sitting in my car on the way to bring her home thinking "This is the perfect opportunity to ask her where, if anywhere, she sees this going."  I didn't.  I'm a pansy and now I regret it.  But I'm in a good place as far as C is concerned.  We've made plans to see each other again Thursday and I'm truly looking forward to it.  I love talking to her and she is really sweet and down to earth (and did I mention absolutely beautiful?  Have you ever walked down the street with a beautiful girl and just known...and not even thought of looking at anyone else because you've got the most beautiful girl you've seen all day?  That was me today.)

Anyway, needless to say I'm happy.  I'm in a good spot, and I'm not being neurotic or driving myself crazy about this that or the other thing.  In time I'm sure I will be, but for now I'm fantastic.

2 comments:

Susie said...

Awww yay :) And I kind of think it's best not to bring up the whole "where is this going?" conversation right now...in my experience, if things are going to happen, they will and it will come up naturally without having an awkward convo. That's just me though.

We missed you at the blogger meet-up...hope you can make the next one!

Anonymous said...

Someone sounds smitten....Good for you.