WELCOME TO MY HEAD

Here it is....for the world to see....
Please read, and tell your friends...
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD COMMENT!!!!

Quote of the....well....however long it takes for me to get a new one.

"You don't miss your water
Till your well runs dry."
-The Black Crowes

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

WEAK!

Ok, random post about how much of a pansy I can sometimes be when it comes to talking to girls.  While it's fresh in my mind.

So, on the B-line home this attractive 20 something gets on the train and stands right in front of me.  She looks at me, I look at her, we both smile, I go back to my crossword, her to whatever.  As I intermittently look up from time to time, I look around, and then without fail back to her.  We make eye contact a few times, and I think, if this was a bar, and I had a few in me I would totally talk to her.  But definitely NOT on the train.

So we are going further and further out on the B-line and I start thinking to myself, "If this girl gets off at my stop I HAVE to say something."  She did.  We stood waiting to cross the street.  I had my in.  Did nothing.  We crossed the street and walked up the sidewalk together.  Again, I had my chance, and did and said nothing.  I went straight, she went right, and I immediately began kicking myself for not saying anything.  But did I go back and say, "Hey, I'm Nick.  I know this is completely random, but would you maybe be interested in grabbing a drink or maybe some dinner with me some time?"  No.  I didn't  I walked into my apartment building instead.

See, I have all these great ideas.  I had something to say.  I had an opportunity to say it.  But instead of doing it, I didn't say a word, and missed my chance.  Chances are she's got a boyfriend, or would be so freaked out by some random creep on the street asking her out that she'd just say no, but how the hell can you know if you don't even try??

I'm disappointed in myself.  I'm more than disappointed in myself.  Here's the problem.  If you read above, as I said, in a bar, with a few drinks in me, 100% go.  Sober, in every day life.  No.  That isn't good.  Liquid courage is not the answer.  I need to grow some balls and just lay it out there.  No risk no reward right?

Then I start to question how I would deal with getting rejected, but honestly, that's just stupid.  Who gives a shit if I get rejected?  I sure as hell shouldn't!

Aye.

Girls, here's a question for you:  If I came up to you after the above situation, would that be completely out of line?  Would I just be that creepy/annoying guy on the street that you just can't wait to get away from?  I mean, I'm no model, but I wouldn't say I'm unattractive.  So if a decent looking guy asked you to dinner on a street corner, how would you feel about that?

Anyway, thats today's disappointment.  Tomorrow I'm off to Florida for the rest of the week.  JOY.  I'll try to get an entry in somehow.  We'll see.


3 comments:

Lynn said...

if it were me, I'd be reeally flattered but also feel flustered. I get kinda awkward in situations like that. some girls do and some don't at all. so it really is a toss up, I think.

I'm gonna start taking the T to work in september..... I wonder what stories I'll have to tell.

Anonymous said...

I would not be freaked out, rather impressed by a man's brazen attitude, I just might say yes! Liquid courage does no good because the chances of you meeting Mrs. Right in bar are.......slim. You can meet Mrs. Right Now, Mrs. Give me Some, and Mrs. Gold Digger there, but not Mrs. Right.

The more you approach women sober - the easier it gets.

Susie said...

I definitely don't see how it can hurt. Like Lynn I get kind of awkward in situations like that if I'm not interested. But if I am, I'd be totally flattered.

However, def do it when you get off the T. I had a guy ask me out on the T once and everyone was just staring at me waiting for my response..,and I was definitely not interested at all! Make sure not to embarrass her :)