WELCOME TO MY HEAD

Here it is....for the world to see....
Please read, and tell your friends...
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD COMMENT!!!!

Quote of the....well....however long it takes for me to get a new one.

"You don't miss your water
Till your well runs dry."
-The Black Crowes

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Continued....

Sorry, got hung up yesterday and couldn't finish the post....

Right now I'm sitting in my office waiting for L2 (the girl I got set up with) to get out of work so we can meet up for a drink. Again, I'm being left with WAAAAAAAY too much time to think about this whole situation. I should have gone home, changed my clothes and driven back down town, but I stayed in the office because I'm planning on playing golf tomorrow afternoon and putting in some extra hours today can't hurt right?

So I've come to a few realizations in the past couple of days. The first and most important to me is my new found insecurity. Now, I'm not insecure. I wouldn't characterize myself as such, but lately I've realized that a lot of how I feel about myself has started to be based on other people. For instance, when C started playing her games I felt HORRIBLE about myself. All I could think of was "Why does she not want to be with me?" What I should have been thinking, and would have been in the past is "Oh well, her loss." I guess ideally you'd want to be somewhere in between? I mean, caring what people think is important to some extent, but not when you let it make you feel bad about yourself. Thats what I think.

Along those lines, I'm interested to see how I react if this little set up doesn't work out. Obviously there are 1000 variables between here and there, but if I think she is cool, attractive and someone I may be intersted in, and she just thinks "Blah, he's not it" I really don't have any idea how I will handle that.

In the last 2 months I've had both ends of the spectrum: C, who I absolutely destroyed myself over, and now this Russian, who honestly, if I don't ever see her again, I would be fine. Maybe it had to do with the proximity to my break up? I mean, I guess it is still reasonably fresh. I was the middle of April, so I'm going on being 3 months out of a 2+ year relationship at this point. at the one and a half month mark maybe I wasn't back to being myself yet?

At any rate, I'm looking forward to tonight, though again, I feel like I've had FAR too long to think about this whole situation. Here's hoping I don't F it up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you are over thinking things. Maybe your "wounds" are still fresh from the breakup in April. Maybe you need some "man" time.

A lot of maybe's in there, just take your time. Things will fall into place, when it's right. Have a good weekend!

voiceinmyhead said...

how did it go?? how you're feeling is totally normal. there is NOTHING worse than when you open yourself up to someone and you're left hanging. your self esteem hangs in the balance and self doubt is a motherfuckeRR.