WELCOME TO MY HEAD

Here it is....for the world to see....
Please read, and tell your friends...
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD COMMENT!!!!

Quote of the....well....however long it takes for me to get a new one.

"You don't miss your water
Till your well runs dry."
-The Black Crowes

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Potpourri

Title says it all.  I guess I've got a lot to talk about.  So here goes:

Picked up my car at Brookline Audi today and put $3500 on my Amex....yeah.  Supposedly my insurance company is going to pick at least some of that up, but we'll see.  They'll end up sending my a check for about $200 based on my experience.  So I pay, get my keys and they tell me my car is right outside.  It's not.  So I go in, and find a guy to find my car for me.  It's around back.  This was the biggest mistake they ever made.  Now I'm suspicious.  So the guy gives me my keys, and I turn my car and the A/C on since it was about 90 and take a quick walk around the car to make sure they haven't F-ed anything up.  Sure enough, they did.  First I go to the back and notice that the concrete block that keeps people from driving off of parking lots?  Yeah well, they've smashed my mufflers into it so far and hard that they're literally pushed up to my bumper.  ANGER.  Then I walk around the front, and someone has hit something with my front bumper.

I walked inside, pretty steamed.  Found the service rep and said "Ok, so who do I talk to about the fact that my mufflers are ground onto a block of concrete and one of your service techs hit something with my front bumper?"

"Sorry about the mufflers sir, but are you sure those scratches on your bumper weren't already there?"

This just about set me off.  I drive an '03 A4...it is perfect.  The paint, the wheels, the windows, the inside.  I notice shit like a bunch of scratches on my bumper.  "Listen, do I look like the kind of person who doesn't notice scratches on my bumper?  I just paid you over three thousand dollars to fix my fucking car, and you're giving it back to me with fucked up paint and dented mufflers.  Where is your manager?" (Note:  I was a bit pissed off at myself that I swore at the guy.  I hate that.  Not mature or professional, and I wish I hadn't.)

"He's not here right now sir."

So I have the manager's card and direct line phone number.  He will be getting an earful tomorrow morning, and they will be giving me money to fix this.  Period.

So I have my car back.  Took it for a little ride to beat on it and make sure it wasn't gonna break again.  So far so good.

In other news, I still haven't the slightest clue where to go with this girl tomorrow.  I've officially had WAY too long to think about this little meeting of mine and that is not good.  I generally can have pretty good conversations with people when I don't try, but when I start trying it's obvious and painful.  Hence the problem with thinking about it too much.  And all of you out in bloggy world haven't come up with any ideas for me either!  GEEZ!  Juuuust kidding, but seriously, if you know anywhere around the financial district that has a nice outdoor bar, let me know.  Thanks.

As far as the Russian is concerned, Lynn, I think you're absolutely right.  She's kind of going a bit overboard.  But whatever.  It's just a fling.  I guess one way to look at it is that at least I'm getting to kiss her, and I have someone to hang out with who isn't the same old friends.

So, turns out I can probably take Friday off.  To be continued.....

No comments: