WELCOME TO MY HEAD

Here it is....for the world to see....
Please read, and tell your friends...
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD COMMENT!!!!

Quote of the....well....however long it takes for me to get a new one.

"You don't miss your water
Till your well runs dry."
-The Black Crowes

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Shameless Plug

Spent last night in Harvard Square.  Totally cliche I know, but it really is a great place to hang out in the summer.

I started the night at Tommy Doyle's at a show.  I've seen The Ryan Fitzsimmons Band a few times now and they always put on a good show.  Check out their myspace page and listen to a few songs.  Kind of Tom Waits like.  The stuff on the site now is from his new album which is a bit more mellow than the stuff the band plays live.  (Side Note:  I try to be a supporter of local bands, and when I find one that I like I will see them almost whenever they play.  It's hard to find a good local band, so when I do I like to support them so they keep playing.  Plus it is always cheaper than going to see a big act)

Tommy Doyle's used to be the House of Blues, and the space that they have shows in is really cool and quite unique.  Small, cozy and nice.  I will see more shows there.  I would recommend it to anyone.

After the set we walked through Harvard Square to head to Club Passim to see if there was any live music going on there.  Turns out they weren't even open.  On a Friday night?  It was late, so perhaps they closed a bit early, but it was definitely before 1, so I don't know.

We ended up in the new Beer Garden behind Charlie's Kitchen.  It was pretty cool to be outside, and the crowd was good.  That is one of my favorite things about Harvard Square.  Generally the crowd is upbeat, intelligent and there to have fun.  This isn't the case in many parts of the city (I'm talking to YOU BU and BC bars.  FULL of meat heads.)  They definitely needed to get another bartender out there, but overall it was pretty fun.  Not sure what the deal is with tonight.  Hopefully something good is going on.  I can't handle sitting around in my apartment after a whole week sitting in a hotel room.

Maybe a trip to Somerville to meet up with some friends.  As far as squares go, I'd have to say Davis Square in Somerville is a close second to Harvard Square.  If you haven't been, definitely check out the area.  Great bars, good crowds.

No comments: