WELCOME TO MY HEAD

Here it is....for the world to see....
Please read, and tell your friends...
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD COMMENT!!!!

Quote of the....well....however long it takes for me to get a new one.

"You don't miss your water
Till your well runs dry."
-The Black Crowes

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Edgar Allen I am Not

So, you'd think that since I've been sitting in a hotel room alone for the last two nights I'd at least post something wouldn't you? I'm quite surprised that I haven't as well. I would say most of that has to do with the fact that for the last two nights I've gone to dinner alone and had...well...a few, and by the time I got back to my room I was less than motivated.

So here I am, before I leave work and go to dinner and drinks...probably alone again. Not probably alone, definitely alone. Baltimore is a cool city I guess. My hotel is right near the waterfront, which is a pretty nice place to hang out. There are malls, bars, restaurants. It's fun, and thus far, other than right now, the weather has been pretty great.

The work isn't bad either. Once again I've been called in to save a pregnant woman from her project who is on the verge of leaving to have her baby. Apparently that is my calling card at this point. So I'm here till at least the end of the week trying to familiarize myself with something that I really don't have any experience working with. With any luck I won't have a return trip to Baltimore next week, but thus far there are no guarentees.

Work travel...I mean, it wouldn't be so bad, but it's just like, hanging at a bar alone = lame
eating dinner alone = lame
going back to the hotel to watch the family guy till I crash = lame
not being able to get the sox on TV = lame

So needless to say I can't wait to get back to Beantown and just relax and hang out with friends. Turns out I have family coming to town this weekend though. Which sucks. I mean, I like my family. I really do. But I have a feeling that this weekend I'm just gonna want to be able to do my own thing and not have to do whatever they want to.

Last night I did have some human contact from home. K texted me telling me she misses me (clearly the polar opposite of C in that regard) L texted to check in since I told her last weekend I'd be spending the week in Baltimore, most likely alone. It was nice to have a little convo with her about when we'd meet up again. She seems really chill and relaxed which is just what I need at this point, and there is ZERO pressure from her for a relationship, which is also nice. I also got a text from my old roommate about a party this weekend that she wanted to invite me to. I really want to see her, but again, this weekend may be trash. This all remains to be seen.

In other news, I have no idea what is going on with my car. My rep at the dealership didn't answer his phone today. Getting a little irked at this point. Nothing like a car payment and endless repair payments for a car that you never get to drive. Again, don't buy an Audi with an automatic transmission. And if you do, and it breaks, don't say I didn't tell you.

Aaaaaand I guess that is all of the complaining I should do for today before I lose you all.

Any suggestions from people about what they would/have done in a situation similar to the one I'm in now (strange city, alone) would be great. I'm DYING here!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Traveling between California and Texas I often drive alone and, thanks to my parents, stay alone in a hotel room. I usually plan my stays near downtown where a good singles bar or university is located. I usually have no trouble finding a few people to chill with while in town for the evening. Occasionally, I've had a few who are too drunk to drive home chill in my room until they sober up.

Hope everything works out.

John Barleycorn said...

I ape nyag's comment: go to a bar and pick up a man/woman. Nothing like casual, anonymous sex to pass the time.

Oh, and you might make a friend too, but ... sex. Or buttsex. Har.

Anonymous said...

I randomly linked to your blog from my friend's blog and I'm totally relating to this travel post! I usually make work people hang out w/me.

On a side note, I just moved to NYC from Boston and your blog is really making me miss Boston. Keep up the great posts!