WELCOME TO MY HEAD

Here it is....for the world to see....
Please read, and tell your friends...
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD COMMENT!!!!

Quote of the....well....however long it takes for me to get a new one.

"You don't miss your water
Till your well runs dry."
-The Black Crowes

Thursday, July 10, 2008

One More Night

So, this is my last night in Baltimore. Last night wasn't all that bad. I went to the outdoor bar at the Hard Rock Cafe (lame and touristy I know) on the harbor in Baltimore. The bar is almost like a dock. It sits out in the middle of a channel between two piers. This is what piqued my interest. I sat there and was the only one at the bar for some time and got to speaking with the bartender and the wait staff. She was very cute, brunette with beautiful light blue eyes and an easy smile. She was slow so she pulled out a cross-word puzzle and asked for my help doing it. (Full Disclosure: In my day I was pretty damn good at crosswords. I went to engineering school so there was a lot of time spent in the back of lecture halls doing crosswords instead of learning. And I tend to do the on the train when I am not reading anything.) So I wowed her with my crossword skills and we talked, along with the rest of the wait staff, as everyone was slow. Seems thats not the happening spot to hang, but I was surrounded by a bunch of girls who were talking to me (yes they were waiters and bartenders, but at this point human interaction is human interaction. I'll take it.) I finished about 6 beers there, and then left to get dinner somewhere else because, lets face it, the Hard Rock isn't exactly gourmet.

At dinner I sat at the bar alone and noticed a cute asian girl sitting a couple of seats away, also seemingly alone. I thought, what the hell, at the very least maybe a conversation. "So, are you here on business?" "No," she said, "I just moved here to go to nursing school."


So we got to chatting, talked through dinner, and had a few more drinks. I asked her what there was to do around here and she said she really didn't know. I said "Well, I'm probably gonna go for a quick walk around the harbor and then grab a drink at my hotel bar if you're not doing anything you are more than welcome to join me." She did, we walked and talked, then made it up to my hotel for a few more drinks. At this point I was pretty tipsy, as apparently was she. I kissed her. Yup. Bold move, prompted 100% by alcohol no doubt about it.


I was going to ask her up to my room, but I didn't really want to be too forward. She kind of invited herself up...


Today I think to myself "should I have said no and just gone to bed?" I really don't know. I woke up this morning with her next to me feeling a little scummy. More than a little. But I really don't know why or if I should. I mean, I guess there's no real reason NOT to have done whatever, but again, that catholic guilt has a way of finding its way into my brain.


I left her in bed this morning and went to work and told her if she felt like it to text me, as clearly I have NOTHING else to do in this city while I'm here.


By the way, if you're all reading the last few posts and thinking "No fucking way this all happened to this kid." I would not blame you. I would be thinking the same thing, and actually in reading these posts it's more than a little hard for me to believe myself. Plus I kind of feel like a bit of a man whore. Rightfully so I think, but honestly I've never really been in this situation before. Not sure how I should handle it. Please don't think I'm a horrible person. Honestly, it's not like I'm out there actively looking for tail per se. All of these things have happened when I was in fact not really trying to get laid at all. Perhaps that is the secret. Guys take note.


Anyway, today I feel sketchy and dirty and I'm pseudo hoping she doesn't text me tonight. We shall see...I'll keep you all posted.

3 comments:

Your Girlfriend is Ugly said...

So wait. Is this your first one night stand?

Read the book, "I Hope They serve Beer in hell". You'll feel better about yourself.

voiceinmyhead said...

omg. you crack me up. seriously, you sound like a good guy, no ulterior motives or anything. so you got laid, good on you.

Julie said...

i LOVE this story. good boy.