WELCOME TO MY HEAD

Here it is....for the world to see....
Please read, and tell your friends...
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD COMMENT!!!!

Quote of the....well....however long it takes for me to get a new one.

"You don't miss your water
Till your well runs dry."
-The Black Crowes

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My Name Is Earl?

The overall outlook on the Russian, from what I can tell, seems to be that I need to distance myself from her, but at the same time try to be there for her if she needs me.  This is all well and good in theory, but honestly, I'm having trouble figuring out how exactly to go about it.  Monday night she texted me asking for a good night kiss.  I lied to her.  I am not proud of it, but at the time I couldn't think of anything else.  A good night kiss would quickly have turned into a good night of her sleeping over.  I told her I was at my friend's condo helping him paint.

(Random Side Note:  I actually was earlier in the night.  I was last night too.  Will be tonight.  When I tell people this they are absolutely dumbfounded.  As if I'm saving children in a third world country.  I told one friend and she said "what did you lose a bet?"  When I called L2 (more on this to follow) and told her that was where I was she asked if I had taken the day off and if I was getting paid.  I'm not.  I have a friend who bought a condo that needed to be painted.  He is not what you might call handy, and doesn't know shit about painting.  I do.  I've painted A LOT in my life, so the nice thing to do is help.  So I'm helping.  It's just what you do no?)

I haven't heard from the Russian since that text.  I feel like I need to reach out.  Penelope, your advice seems to be the common thread.  I can't be what this girl needs right now and I need to figure out some way to make her understand that without hurting her more and making her feel like she is damaged and worthless.

In other news, I called L2 Monday night.  She was at work still.  At 9:15.  Possible bad thing as far as a future relationship is concerned, but needless to say I'm getting way ahead of myself.  She asked if she could call back later.  I said sure, but at 1030 texted her that I was going to bed and I'd call tomorrow.  She apologized for not being able to talk.  I assured her it was not a problem and apologized that she had to be at work so late.

I went to my friend's last night to paint and was there pretty late.  At about 930 I called and asked if I could call back later (the conversation about painting ensued.)  She said fine and I called at around 1030.  We spoke for a bit about how horrible it is that she has to work that late, and how this is her busy season (just past the end of the fiscal quarter??  I really wouldn't know.  This isn't stuff that engineers need to think about.)  I asked if she could possibly make some time for me at some point.  She said she hoped so.  Her Saturday is booked, which is good, because mine is too.  (Sox-Yankees game, followed closely by The Amity Front at the Lizard Lounge in Cambridge.  Good show, you should all go! (shameless plug!))  

She is planning on meeting friends out tomorrow night after worked and asked if I'd tag along.  A night with the friends already?  Honestly, I'm totally cool with that.  I want to see her again, and your friends say a lot about who you are as a person. (read C!!!)  So that is the tentative plan at this point.  She still isn't positive if she'll be able to get out of work but is supposed to let me know during the day tomorrow.  (Side Tangent:  If this were the C situation I'd be freaking out thinking she was blowing me off or whatever.  I'm not.  I couldn't be more happy about that fact.  Honestly, this is how I normally react to girls.  The C situation was an anomaly.  I still haven't decided if it was because of how hot she is, or my recent break up.  I wish she came along about 2 months later.  I think I would have handled the situation better, but who knows.)

Work news:  I'll be in sunny, hotter than shit Florida for 3 days next week.  It's good because I pretty much waste 2 work days traveling.  But again, Florida, late July?  Gonna be hot.

Check out The Amity Front below:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I can tell you want to run fast from R. That's okay, and I totally understand. It's a bit creepy, weird and serious. I would feel the exact same way. Just make sure you talk to her between now and next week. Don't meet up if you feel it could go wrong, but talk to her. It's not easy, but please don't be one of those guys that leaves her hanging.

YEAH on new girl, though. I like meeting friends quickly because I'm either going to mesh or not and would much rather know sooner than later. :) Best of luck for you on that and enjoy!

Lynn said...

I'm pulling for L2! she sounds genuine.