WELCOME TO MY HEAD

Here it is....for the world to see....
Please read, and tell your friends...
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD COMMENT!!!!

Quote of the....well....however long it takes for me to get a new one.

"You don't miss your water
Till your well runs dry."
-The Black Crowes

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Back in MA

Thanks for all the feedback on that last post.  Though it is tough to really get a consensus from what you guys are saying.  It seems like doing something like asking a random girl out on the street isn't necessarily out of the questions, but that there are a lot of caveats that need to be satisfied before you do it?  I dunno.  I guess the lesson here is that I just need to stop being a coward and just do it.  We will see how, or if I deal with that fact.

Anyway, the weekend was alright.  Didn't exactly go as I planned.  First, on my way to Florida my flight was delayed for 3 hours.  Joy.  In the morning on the way into work my iPod decided that it was going to have a corrupted file, and therefore not work.  No biggie, I'm flying Jet Blue, I'll have a TV for the 3 hour flight.  I'll be fine.  (Side Note:  An old jewish man who I was talking to while I was sitting waiting for my delayed flight tried to make me promise him that I'd never get married.  With his wife sitting right next to him....I told him that was a promise that I couldn't make, but that I was in no rush.)  So, my TV didn't work.  I sat on a plane for 3 hours listening to these two little brat kids scream, yell and cry for the entire flight.  And it wasn't even like they were 1 or 2 years old.  They were like 5 or 6.  NO excuse for that.  Sorry.  If you can't control your 5 year old for a couple of hours then they don't belong on a plane.  Just my personal opinion.

Got home Friday and played nine holes with my roommate.  He is a miserable prick.  The kid was on vacation in southern California for 10 days, and he comes back and all he can do is fucking complain.  I mean honestly, what the hell?  If I had a 10 day vacation in Cali I'd be happy as hell.  Nope.  Not him.  All he could do was complain about random stupid shit, and his job, the minute he walked through the door.  It's unbearable.

Friday afternoon I got a call from a friend who was in town from Chicago.  She was at the Sox game and wanted to meet up at a bar after for some drinks.  I said sure what the hell, and tried to rally some support to come with.  I called L2.  She was headed down to Faneuil Hall with some friends.  I am all set with that scene, for obvious reasons.  Called a friend who lives by Fenway who was definitely into going out, and another friend called and said he'd come out too, but that he had to meet up with another friend in the area, and that his wife was coming.  No problem, the plan is falling into place.  So we all meet up at my friend's place near Fenway, and all of the sudden the two girls who are there (one being my friend's wife) decide that they don't want to go out.  Which means my friends can't go out.  Which means I'd basically be going alone.  I texted my friend from Chicago to tell her I was losing support, but that we'd be partying on his roof deck if she and her friends were interested.  

Needless to say we didn't meet up.

Spent last night at a few bars in Davis Square.  It was alright.  Not ideal.  I'd have to say overall the weekend has been a bit of a disappointment.  L2 claimed she had friends from out of town to entertain, which I understand.  It's all good.  Assuming it's the truth.  She did call me Saturday morning to ask if I'd be on the North Shore during the day.  I was, but for like 5 minutes to help my friend get a washing machine (I know, I really need to start saying no to people.)

I got texts from the Russian on both nights.  Friday night she wanted to come to my house at like 245.  I assured her that wouldn't work, because much like last time I'd fall asleep before she got here.  Yesterday she wanted to know if I had plans that night.  I did, and they involved bars, which means they didn't involve her.

At this point I am feeling like I'm in a rut again.  Next weekend promises to be fun.  L is coming up from Connecticut, and made sure to text me Thursday night to tell me that I had to make sure  I was going to be around.  So there is that to look forward to.

Again, my time in the airport kind of made me a little depressed.  It would be a lot nicer to deal with business trips and bullshit if I knew that at the end of it all I had someone I loved to come home to.  The fact that I don't has been on my mind a lot lately.  I'm trying to make peace with the fact that hopefully that person is out there, and that I will find them sooner or later (hopefully sooner?)  Single is fun.  But lonely.  Plus, as I've said probably 100 times before, I'm not surrounded by the kind for people that its fun to be single around anymore.  They're all attached/married/living with their girlfriends.  I don't even have a serviceable wingman, let alone someone who could actually be beneficial to go out with.

Eh, whaddya gonna do.  Till next time, thanks for reading, thanks for posting.

No comments: