WELCOME TO MY HEAD

Here it is....for the world to see....
Please read, and tell your friends...
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD COMMENT!!!!

Quote of the....well....however long it takes for me to get a new one.

"You don't miss your water
Till your well runs dry."
-The Black Crowes

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Why do they call it a Soap Box?

So I see L2 on g-chat every day.  Today I had this overwhelming urge to hop on g-chat and call her out for being so fucking lame.  Then I realized that doing so would make me just as lame as she is, and I restrained myself.  Kind of a catch-22 (notice how I worked the reading in there?  huh?  you know you loved it!)  As for your comments Susie and Voiceinmyhead?  Well, I will say this, if someone doesn't call after 2 dates or less, and doesn't give you the courtesy of saying "hey I'm all set" I guess that really isn't as bad.  With C it was far more than that, obviously.  We had seen each other numerous times and had spent many nights sleeping together, so I think I deserve the courtesy of a phone call.  If I'm way off, let me know.  But I've been thinking about the whole "wanting a girlfriend too much" statement and I have to say you're probably right on.  Though I will say this, I don't think I'm trying that hard.  I really don't.  Yes, I'm taking girls to dinner, and being "charming" (Note:  charming is in quotes because honestly I don't even know how exactly you define the term, but I've been called it on more than one occasion) and showing interest, but I'm really not pushing the whole relationship thing with any of them.  I'm not awkward, I'm not desperate.  I just take stuff personally I guess, and yes, I am probably wanting a girlfriend too much.  But dating.  Dating sucks.  Which may have something to do with the whole wanting a girlfriend thing.

So my personal life at this point isn't terribly interesting, so I figured I'd hop up on my soap box and tell you all how I feel about stuff you don't give a crap how I feel about.

First, the olympics.  I love the olympics.  It is competition at its finest, if not fairest.  I saw a female german swimmer the other day who looked more like a man than I do.  I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but it just didn't seem right.  Also, how about the Chinese "women's" gymnastics team?  Can we just call them what they are?  The Chinese tweener's gymnastics team?  There are a few of those girls who look so young that if they are over 16 I will eat my shoe.  It's nonsense.  And someone at some point is going to have to explain to me what exactly it is about Michael Phelps that makes him SO much better than everyone else.  I mean, it's not like he just barely wins, he's KILLING people, and breaking every record on the way.

Now Russia.  Russia decided last week that it was going to invade a sovereign nation.  Their reason?  To protect Russian citizens living in that nation from the government of that nation. (Side Note:  If you want to see why Russian citizens have no problem voting for corrupt power hungry politicians and putting them into power over and over read what they get for news.)  Sounds familiar doesn't it?  So is anyone surprised when it rings a little hollow for Mr. Bush to admonish them for doing it?  

This is the side effect of America's recent foreign policy that no one thinks about: Why would you expect anything other than to be laughed at when you try to tell one country not to do what you did only a few years before?  We, as a country, are essentially a laughing stock not to be take seriously on the global scale because of this administration.  Even if we grew the balls to do something about it militarily we couldn't because all of our military resources are tied up fighting a war we never should have gotten into in the first place.  Thanks republicans.  So much for walking softly and carrying a big stick.  We're pretty much blusterous buffoons with a toothpick at this point.  

And the most amazing part?  The polls in the coming election show a statistical dead heat between a guy who legitimately wants to steer us away from what is failed policy in every sense of the world (domestic and foreign) and a guy who as essentially said he is going to carry on doing exactly what George W has done for the last 8 years.  How the hell does that work?  W's approval rating is at 20% or so, and somehow 44% of the country is going to vote for W junior??

HEY MISSISSIPPI, ARKANSAS, OHIO, MONTANA AND ALL YOU OTHER CONSERVATIVE MORONS!!!  WAKE THE FUCK UP!!!!!

If John McCain is elected president it isn't gonna be good.  Hey, I've got an idea, ya know how oil is really expensive and running out?  Well, instead of investing money and giving tax breaks to people to figure out how we can do everything without oil, lets give tax breaks to oil companies and drill for oil in the ocean.  That will solve our problems.

Who are you people?!?!  It is simple!  You rely economically and socially on a substance that is going to be GONE.  There won't be any more of it at some point.  So instead of figuring out how to survive without it you live in this pipe dream of a world where you think you can just keep drilling and finding more.  Am I missing something here?

God help us all.

Vote Obama.  Since I live in Massachusetts (which Obama will win regardless of me) I might just vote for Bob Barr because he is running on a platform of eliminating some of the useless bureaucratic morons that are wasting billions of dollars of our money every year on shit like a $20,000 toilet seat and a museum about sod.

Here is where I step off of my soap box.  Thanks for reading and commenting, you guys are the best.  Till next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting points on russia.

As for the election...I was from Ohio until recently. It's a union state. They vote conservative for that reason. The thing that scares me about Obama is his idea for the expansion of welfare and increasing the taxes on the wealthy to as much as 60%. Now I'm not in theat tax bracket, but that solution will not improve the situation. How about education reform? Handouts only provide a bandaid, not a real solution. I will likely vote for Obama as he is certainly a better choice than McCain. But there will be issues with the freshman senator.

As for the dating thing...I wish we could all cut through the bullshit. Being "charming" and such is only effective if that's who you are. If not, the real person comes out and you've wasted your and the other person's time. Dating sucks.