WELCOME TO MY HEAD

Here it is....for the world to see....
Please read, and tell your friends...
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD COMMENT!!!!

Quote of the....well....however long it takes for me to get a new one.

"You don't miss your water
Till your well runs dry."
-The Black Crowes

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I kissed a girl.....

So, I got a call from a friend last night who wanted to head out to the bar across the street to watch the sox yanks game.  I figured what the hell.  My apartment is a mess, but I can always clean it tomorrow.  I met him at Harry's and we got some food and beer.  His girlfriend was with him, which I have no problem with, and we hung out and shot the shit and watched the game.

His girlfriend said, "I think it's trivia night!"

I responded, "No, trivia night is Monday.  Believe me I avoid this trivia guy like the plague."

Turns out it was trivia night because they had a party in the bar the night before and had to postpone it.  I was THRILLED (sarcasm).  She wanted to play, so we said what the hell, and got to it.

It was around this point that I noticed the cute blonde next to me (a lot of blondes for me lately?  Normally not my thing.)  Let's call her E.  So we played, I got to talking to her about books, which was great because I read like a fiend.  So there was a question about geometry.  I had already told her I was an engineer when we went out to smoke together, so you would think she would believe me.  She didn't.  She put the wrong answer on her paper, and I bet her a drink that I was right.

I won.  It was math...it really wasn't fair.  I told her not to worry about paying up.  I had plenty to drink already but she insisted.  At this point my friend and his girlfriend were ready to go, so they stood up and got read to leave and I said I needed to stay with E to finish my drink and chat.

"Do you know that girl?"
"Umm, I do now."
"You're unbelievable."
 (Side Note:  Turns out my friend and his girlfriend wanted to "introduce" me to her roommate that very night, but she had to stay in because she had an early morning apparently.)

So they left, we chatted a bit more.  The normal first time you meet people chat, but we got into some very personal stuff about her and how asshole guys had hurt her in the past.  Needless to say I was incredulous to some extent, though I tried to contain my frustration with douche bags who would hurt a girl in the ways she was telling me she'd been hurt.  I finished my drink and she hers.  She excused herself to use the ladies room, and I asked the bartender about her, since she seemed to know him.

"Is she an alright girl?"
"Oh yeah she's great.  We have some deep conversations every once in a while.  But yeah, she's definitely pretty cool."

When she came back she asked if I wanted a shot.  I said what the hell and we did a shot of whisky....yup, she is apparently a whisky drinker.

I offered to walk her home, and she agreed with a bit of excitement.  She only lived 2 blocks away, so it didn't take long to get her to her door.

"So, I don't suppose you would want to give me your phone number?"
"Of course!  Here I have a pen."

I took out a business card and wrote E's number.  

"No B.S.  I'm calling you tomorrow.  I want to see you again."

She smiled, put her arms around my neck and kissed me.

"I can't wait."

So, we were both kind of drunk.  Her moreso than me, and I'm reasonably certain that she wanted me to come inside, but I have some morals.  She kissed me again, hugged me and then opened her door.  

"I will talk to you soon."

I turned and began walking away.  As I left I looked back and saw her looking at me from her door.  I didn't turn back.

So here I am with E's number, and a TINY bit of a dilemma (a.k.a. my neurotic tendencies acting up again)  I don't THINK she was too drunk to remember me, but nothing is impossible.  So here I am, sitting on her number, being an asshole and not calling her because I'm having doubts about whether she remembers giving me her number.

Fuck it.  I'm calling.  I'm not letting my stupid obsessive thoughts fuck up something like this.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A whiskey drinking girl is the best. I prefer Kentucky bourbon to whiskey, but to each her own.