WELCOME TO MY HEAD

Here it is....for the world to see....
Please read, and tell your friends...
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD COMMENT!!!!

Quote of the....well....however long it takes for me to get a new one.

"You don't miss your water
Till your well runs dry."
-The Black Crowes

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Wedding Rings???

I realized something a little disturbing lately:  I've begun looking at the ring fingers of attractive girls that I would potentially be interested in to see if they're hitched.  I know this doesn't sound like a big deal, but really, it is.

It means I'm at the point in my life where there is a legitimate chance that women I'm interested in could be married.  I remember college, high school, hell even a few months ago, that wasn't even a thought in my mind.  Now it is a very real thought in my mind.  Not Good.  This means I'll be subconsciously thinking "You better get a good one before they're all snapped up!!"  Don't get me wrong, I am all for a relationship (as I'm sure you could tell from previous posts) but to feel rushed to get into one?  That can't be healthy.  Plus my friends are getting married, my family members are getting married.  EVERYONE IS GETTING MARRIED!!!!!  AAAH!!! (pardon me while I freak out for a second.....ok I'm good.)

So yesterday my cousin, who is getting married, called to ask if I was bringing anyone to his wedding at the end of the month.  Yyyyyyyeaaahhh....not looking good for that.  Though L2 did get back to me yesterday after all of that, she didn't sound all that eager to hang out again.  Here's how the conversation went:
 
L2:  Hey sorry, what night were you thinking?
(now keep in mind this is about 40 minutes after I suggested we meet up.  So rather than give her a night and make her come up with an excuse why she couldn't I said this.)
Me:  Well, I've got a flexible schedule, so how does this sound  whenever you think you'll have time, you let me know, and we'll work something out.
L2:  Alright that works.

Again, I could be blowing this out of proportion, but she's definitely giving all of the "I don't give a flying fuck if I ever see you again." signals that I've come to know and love.  I guess my point is, I won't be inviting her to come to my cousin's wedding.  Again, I don't wanna put her in a position where she's gotta come up with an excuse why she "can't" come.  Also, asking someone to hang with my family is not small task.  There are TONS of us.  It could be a bit overwhelming.  Not that she'd come anyway.

So here I am.  Contemplating other people's happy pairings/marriages, while I, again, deal with a girl who could probably not care any less about me.  It sucks.  Shall I start the internet dating debate in my head again???  Not yet I don't think.  I think I just need to relax.





2 comments:

voiceinmyhead said...

L2 sucks, get rid of her. she's just taking up space in your head.
(just my 2 cents)
but i hear ya on the wedding ring thing, it sucks to be at that point.

Anonymous said...

Ah, the wedding ring thing. Been there, done that. Seriously. And at 32, there's a lot more of it. It's now kids, not just wedding bands.

Advice? Take your time. You're young. You have plenty of time to be settled down. Enjoy this time in your life. Ok, I sound like I'm 80.