WELCOME TO MY HEAD

Here it is....for the world to see....
Please read, and tell your friends...
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD COMMENT!!!!

Quote of the....well....however long it takes for me to get a new one.

"You don't miss your water
Till your well runs dry."
-The Black Crowes

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Right back at cha!

Work today was interesting.  It was my first experience with handling passive aggressive bullshitting.  I got called from the DC office, and it was a conference room full of my project manager on both the DC and Baltimore jobs, the woman who does nothing in DC and an electrical engineer.  The woman who does nothing had set up this meeting and conference call, without my knowledge, in an attempt to pin the blame for her project being over budget and behind schedule on me.  Why?  Don't know for sure, but I can guess.  I'm young, and I'm 600 miles away.

So the project manager starts asking me all of these questions, which for a time I answer as well as I can without throwing her under the bus.  Why didn't I throw her under the bus immediately?  Not sure.  Guess I was just being nice.  Finally he came to a bunch of questions about stuff I hadn't thought about in two months, and didn't have the pertinent information to answer, so I went on the offensive:

"Ya know what Andy?  Off the top of my head I have no idea, and I'll tell you why.  Ag (the woman who does nothing) hasn't responded to a phone call or email that I've sent her since the middle of June.  I asked her to get me all of this information from Fairfax County on a number of occasions and never received it.  After sending countless emails that weren't answered, and countless edits that weren't made, I went to my boss who went to her boss who did nothing.  So I looked for other work.  If you can answer my questions, I can finish this job for you in a week and a half.  The only reason it is still sitting in limbo is because my conduit to the county hasn't been getting me the information I've been asking for."

That shut her up for about 2 seconds, after which she began to deny that this was the case.  

"Ag, open your inbox.  Or I could just forward all of the emails I sent to you to Andy.  Either way, they are there."

She didn't say anything else.  I KIND of feel a little bad, but honestly, I'm not taking responsibility for her not doing her job.  No way.

I then proceeded to answer questions, and make suggestions that I had made before that were shot down.  The project manager asked with regard to the vast majority of suggestions that I made why we weren't doing it.  I said, "Ag, care to answer that?"  She didn't.  The only reason we weren't doing these things is because she said that we "couldn't" which, as it turns out, is complete bullshit.

In the end we're putting in the system that I was suggesting from the beginning that is cheaper, more efficient and simpler to operate.  In the meantime I spun my wheels for 5 weeks trying to figure out a bullshit system for this incompetent douche who then tried to throw me under the bus when the project ended up turning into a piece of crap.

So work was good.

HA!

In other news, nothing from L2.  I think I'll call her tonight.  This is her last chance.  If she doesn't answer, I quit.  Voiceinmyhead, I think you're right on, but I just need the TINIEST little bit more evidence before I just walk away.

Here is my question:  I understand that most people think other people are douches, or out to screw them, but how can you possibly know if you don't give someone a chance?  It is understandable.  I know where you're coming from, but I mean, I'm not out to screw anyone.  And the last 2 or 3 girls I've seen haven't even given me a chance to prove that to them before they decided they were all set.  Maybe I give off that douche bag vibe?  I really don't know.  Most of my friends and family would describe me as honest and genuine as far as I know.  Maybe I have a douchey vibe when I first meet people?  I mean, the thing I always hear girls longing for is someone who is honest, up front and not just trying to get into their pants.  Thats me!  Don't get me wrong, there are times that I'm not...umm...how do I say this without sounding like a pig?...looking for a relationship with someone??  But that is not the case with L2.  At no point during the times that I hung out with her was trying to get her in bed even CLOSE to the first thought in my mind.  I don't get it.

Ah, I don't know.  Whatever.  I'm much more resigned to the fact that there's really nothing I can do about it this time than with C.  I'm not going to change myself or how I act to placate someone or make them think they like me.  If this me isn't good enough for you, so be it.  I'm not pretending to be someone I'm not, only to spring the real me on you later on.

I have to clean my apartment.  Why you may ask?  Well, because it is messy.  My roommate is a slob.  And if I don't clean it, it will never get done.  Because he doesn't clean.  Never has.  In fact, his luggage is still sitting in the middle of my living room floor from a trip that he got back from a week and a half ago.  Yup.  That's what I'm living with.  I don't know about everyone else, but a cluttered messy house just makes my mind cluttered and messy.  I'm not a neat freak or anything, but its just much more relaxing to live in an apartment that doesn't seem like its full of shit.  The day we move out I'm going to fucking FREAK on him and call him out for the fucking slob that he is.  But right now it's not worth it.  It won't change anything, and he'll just act like more of a pissy little bitch than he normally does.

Wish me luck

1 comment:

voiceinmyhead said...

i feel bad when i say this shit, but it's just based on my own personal experiences. and since you welcome comments and or opinions, i'm sharing. feel free to disregard of course.
that said, there's this book, i'm sure you've heard of it, "he's just not that into you" well the premise of the book is that if someone is NOT calling you, or making the effort or finding the time, it's because...they are just not that into you. seems simple enough...but as a rule people like to give others (particularly people we like) the benefit of the doubt. we make excuses for them. we give them multiple chances to dissapoint and reject us. it's a fucker of a lesson to learn.

when a guy isn't calling me, i know in the back of my head, it's the truth. because i ALSO know, no matter how busy someone is, if they really like you, they WILL find a way, no matter what is going on in their life.

and i think if you truly were giving off the douchey vibe, the girls would be chasing after you instead of the other way. doesn't make sense, but again, i find it to work that way. look at the russian, you avoid her and she can't get enough. am i wrong??

ugh. don't hate me.