WELCOME TO MY HEAD

Here it is....for the world to see....
Please read, and tell your friends...
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD COMMENT!!!!

Quote of the....well....however long it takes for me to get a new one.

"You don't miss your water
Till your well runs dry."
-The Black Crowes

Monday, September 8, 2008

The rest of the weekend...

I'm beginning to realize that my friends and I are pretty lame.  We really don't party like we used to/should.  For instance, Friday night I went to my friend and his GF's apartment in Somerville with my other friend and his wife (yup, I'm the fifth wheel, as usual) and cooked out and watched a baseball game.

I told E about this when I saw her on the street, but didn't invite her because I figured it was too soon to subject her to the middle-aged behavior that has become the norm for myself and some of my friends at times.  She texted me around 1115 and asked if I was having a good time in Somerville.

(Random side tangent: There was the remote possibility the L would be in town this weekend, which complicated things.  Again, I guess I'm not at the point where I owe anything to anyone, but at the same time I have this conscience that won't let me get away with crap like that without at least making me think about it.  In the end L didn't end up coming, so it really made no difference and I didn't have to lie to anyone, which honestly was quite a weight off of my shoulders.)

I responded to E's text "It's pretty good, but I'll probably be home soon.  Will you be around?"
"Yup, I will be home in 15."

So I left with my friend and his wife (they were driving, so I could drink) and got back home.  I called E and she answered and she agreed to come to my house after she picked up a slice of pizza.  I met her at my front door and she came up.  She ate and we had a beer or two and got to talking.

me:  what did you do tonight?
e: well, I was supposed to go this bbq with my friend oliver, but one got cancelled, and by the time we got to the other all the food was gone.
me: oh, that really sux.  
e: no not really, I didn't really want to go to either one.
me:  you should have told me you were doing crap you didn't want to do tonight, you totally could have come and hung out with my lame friends and me.
e:  oh no, you didn't invite me because you didn't want me to meet your friends.

Now, this is an interesting statement.  It could be legitimately defensive, or it could be a test to see how I respond.  Either way I responded with honesty.

me:  That is not true at all!  I just didn't want to scare you away by inviting you to girlfriend things like that so soon!  Are you kidding?  I was the fifth wheel all night!
e:  Is that true?
me:  Of course it's true.  I'd love you to meet my friends.

So we got to talking more.  She said "I have a lot of guy friends, and that's been a problem for some of the guys I've dated."

Honestly, not a problem for me unless she and her guy friends are all grab assy and physical in a way that is inappropriate.

"I did the jealous boyfriend act when I was 17.  I'm over it, you don't have to worry about it."

We got into a semi deep conversation about relationships and what had happened to her and myself in the past, and in the end it came down to this

Me: "Look, I really can't promise you much.  What I can promise you is that I would never cheat on you, and that I will always be honest with you."
E:  "I can promise you the same."

I've heard this before.  L2 promised that she would let me know if she wasn't interested.  Needless to say she didn't.  So I guess we'll see how that goes.

She stayed the night.  She had to wake up early the next morning for work, I kissed her at the door and told her I'd see her soon.

Saturday night I was going to meet some friends in Harvard Square, so I called her and left a message on her voicemail.  She called back.

"I'm going to meet some friends in Harvard Square, if you want to come that would be awesome."
"I'm sorry but I'm really beat.  I was planning on an early night in with a bottle of wine and a movie. (a veiled invitation to join her? you decide)  But you go and have fun."

I went and got SOAKED!!!!!!  Perhaps that had something to do with why she was staying in a.k.a. she's clearly more intelligent than me when planning for the weather.

Now, normally my neurotic mind would read into this that she was avoiding me, or whatever else, and to be honest, those are thoughts that I've had.  They're not consuming me, but they're there.  I'm guessing the reason that this isn't a bigger deal to me is the sex.  I mean, she's slept with me twice, which could mean one of two things: A: she actually likes me or B: she really needed to get laid, and I was good enough the first time to get a second chance.

Now, B is definitely possible, but based on all of the things she's said about how she really likes me and how that's what she tells her friends, I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt and assume A is the reason.  Again, WTF do I know.  I think we all know how good I am at reading people.

At any rate.  I'm heading over to my friends place tonight to do laundry.  Long story.  I didn't call E yesterday cuz Sunday is guy day when the guys come over and we eat like pigs, drink beer and watch football for 12 hours.  Sorry, it's sacred.  Call it church for heathens.  I'm planning on calling her tonight to see what she's up to.

I hope she answers, and I hope I see her.  But again, who knows.

If anyone else can read anything into what you've seen laid out here, please do, as I clearly haven't a clue.

Thanks for reading.

(Side note: I just started reading "I Hope They Server Beer in Hell by Tucker Max (Thank you yourgirlfriendisugly).  Honestly, hysterical, but man what an asshole that guy is!  If you want a good laugh (and you're a guy, because I'm sure the vast majority of women in this world would be more than offended) pick it up.  Definitely the kind of guy I absolutely despise, (I call them hambones) but some if the stories are too funny to not talk about.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was interested in that book actually. I'll have to check it out after I finish Infidel.

As far as E...you guys saw each other once on the weekend. You both have other friends and it's early. Don't worry about it. She might have been inviting you over actually, but if that's the case, she will again.

And I agree about Sundays...I feel the same about Saturdays and college football. Watch it all day long. Sunday for me is girl day..brunch, shopping etc. Also sacred. :)

GM said...

I actually just finished that book a month or two ago and I couldn't agree with you more. It was funny but I wouldn't accept it from anyone I know. And I surely wouldn't do anything like it.