WELCOME TO MY HEAD

Here it is....for the world to see....
Please read, and tell your friends...
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD COMMENT!!!!

Quote of the....well....however long it takes for me to get a new one.

"You don't miss your water
Till your well runs dry."
-The Black Crowes

Monday, September 15, 2008

Freaking Friday

Ok, so this is gonna be a two part blog about the weekend because quite frankly, I think it deserves it.  

Before we get to Friday, let's talk about Thursday shall we?

So I had plans with E to have dinner after our little thing earlier in the week so I made a reservation at Fugaku in Brookline.  She called at 730 saying she was going to be a little late getting out of work, which was fine because our reservation wasn't until 9 anyway.  Around 830 I send her a text that says "Are we going to make a 9 o'clock reservation?"

She calls:  "Hi, work sucks.  I'm literally just getting out.  I'm in a bad mood and kind of tired do you mind if we go out some other time?"

"Umm, yeah actually I do.  I blew off other people and have been sitting here waiting for you all night and now you're going to tell me you don't want to go out at 845?  Thats pretty lame."

"I'm so sorry.  I'm just really stressed and in a bad mood.  I don't want to make you deal with that."

"I'm coming to pick you up, and I'll bring you home if you want, but I need to talk to you."

I drive to her work and pick her up.  She starts explaining how shitty her day has been and how she's sorry about the bad mood she's in and a whole bunch of other stuff and I stop her.

"Look, if this is really about work, fine.  But if this is about something else I'd really appreciate it if you'd tell me."

"Well, it's 75% about work.  The rest...I feel like I need some space."
(Immediate thought:  I KNOW THAT!  YOU TOLD ME!)
"Ok, I understand that, and that's fine.  I honestly have no problem with that, and I've told you that.  Have you noticed that I ask you to tell me when you want to hang out with me and don't pressure you?  What I DO have a problem with is you making plans with me and then flaking out at the last minute.  If you don't feel like you want to see me, fine.  I have no problem with that.  But really sucks when blow off my friends and wait for you and then you call me and tell me you don't wanna hang out."

"Really?  Are you sure that's ok?"
Oy.  Is she not listening to anything I'm saying?
"Listen, I'm the last person who needs to be rushing into a relationship believe me.  And if you don't feel like you want to hang out with me, don't.  You don't owe me anything.  Do what makes you happy.  The only thing I'm going to ask you to do is not flake out on me.  If you do that to me all the time I really can't deal with it, and I don't want that to happen because I like you.  You figure out when you want to see me and let me know and we'll see what we can work out."

"Oh.  Ok.  I didn't know that was ok."

"Ok well, it is.  So just relax, make yourself happy, and if I get to see you every once in a while along the way great.  If not, that sucks, but what can I do."

After that she seemed to relax and realize there was no pressure on her and really not much in the way of expectations.  We chatted a bit as I drove and she got a laugh out of some of the things I was saying to try to make her feel better about her crappy day.  So I start driving back toward Brighton to drop her off, park and presumably find some take out for dinner.  She realizes this and says "Oh, we can go out if you want."

"What I want doesn't matter.  If you want to go home I'm bringing you home."

"No no.  I'm better now.  You make me smile.  We can go out.  I'm sorry."

"Ok well, we missed our reservation, but we can go see if they can put us in a table."

We end up sitting at the sushi bar and having dinner with a few sakis.  We again have a good time and good conversation.  We walk to the car and drive back to Brighton.  I get to her front door and slow to stop and let her out.

"I don't HAVE to go home."
"Ok, do you want to come to my place?"
"Sure."

So we end up in my apartment.  My roommate is up when we get home so we sit and chat.  She is sociable, which is a good sign, and quite frankly pretty important to me even though I really don't like my roommate all that much.  The ability to be sociable to the people in my life can not be over valued as far as I'm concerned.

My roommate goes to bed, we have a few more beers and I say "Ok, i really need to sleep.  Are you staying?"

"Yes."

Thursday there were no concerns about whether or not I was trying to get lucky.  She left with me the next morning, with a smile on her face saying "I think I'm getting used to this.  I just need us to take it slow."

"I know.  We can go as slow as you want.  I'll be gone all weekend, do you want me to call you when I get back to Brighton, or do you want me to hold of until you call me."

"No, definitely call me when you get back."  Then she kissed me, I walked to my car, her to her apartment.

On my way up to the North Shore Friday after work the stupid Audi starts to stutter on the highway.  I know exactly what's wrong because I really should have replaced this part a while ago, but the damn transmission cost so much that I just put it off.  I pull off of route 1 and call AAA.  "Where are you?"  They ask.  
"I don't know, I'm in a parking lot just off of route 1"
"Ok, what's the name of the business?  I can look up the address."
"(So and So's) Liquors in Lynnfield."
"Ok, well, a tow truck will be there within two hours."

Joy.  Two hours.  But wait, I'm in the parking lot of a liquor store, and I'm damn sure I'm not driving anywhere.  My day is looking up.  I buy a 30 pack for saturday and a 12 pack to tied me over while I wait for the tow truck.  I sit and wait in my drivers seat drinking and reading for a little under an hour when the truck shows up.  I get a ride home and make small talk, call my brother tell him what's broken.  He tells me he can fix it that night, I tell him not to bother, I'm going to be way to drunk to drive soon anyway.

My cousin calls me to see if I'm in town, I tell him that despite my travails I have indeed made it into town and have already begun my own personal party at my parents house.  He tells me that his cousin (not related to me) is in town from Ohio, that she's 23, attractive and that he's promised to show her a good time.  "My aunt and grandmother have been talking you up so you have to be charming."

Ok, well, apparently charming I can do, but even though I know it isn't technically weird, I feel weird about trying to sleep with the cousin of my cousin.  At any rate, I arrange dinner with my brother, his new girlfriend, my cousin, his wife, my other cousin and his cousin from Ohio.  At this point I want nothing more than about 6 mai tais so I suggest we get chinese and my cousin comes to pick me up at my parents house and we meet everyone at the restaurant. (Side Note: The cousin isn't bad.  I wouldn't call her hot, but she is definitely a 1.  OH!  I haven't explained binary girl coding yet.  My friends and I got sick of the disputes that always arise from rating women on a 1 to 10 scale.  Someone always thinks a girl is an 8 and someone else invariably thinks they're actually a 4.  This leads to issues, so we developed binary.  Either you would, or you wouldn't.  1 or 0.  It has simplified all of our lives)

We eat, and I finish up said mai tais.  I believe it was only 5, but who knows.  We head to the bar and stop off at the boat for a few cocktails before going.  I finish 2 scotches and then we hit the bar.  I'm drunk by this point and the cousin decides she wants to dance and needs someone on the dance floor with her.  Well I just happen to be drunk enough to oblige.  I was into it at this point, because she was lookin MUCH better 5 mai tais, 2 scotches and a few beers deep, but I was still not even considering sleeping with her.

My cousin drove us home (he was sober) and the cousin was not discrete about her desire to sleep at my place instead of his.  2 problems.  1, despite my massive alcohol intake and the foray into redneckedness in my near future, I'm still a little freaked out about the fact that she's the cousin of a cousin, and 2, I'd be bringing her home to my parents house.  I haven't done that while my parents were home since high school, soooo not gonna happen.  I passed out as soon as I hit my pillow, and the next memory I have is the next part of the weekend.  To be continued.

No comments: