WELCOME TO MY HEAD

Here it is....for the world to see....
Please read, and tell your friends...
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD COMMENT!!!!

Quote of the....well....however long it takes for me to get a new one.

"You don't miss your water
Till your well runs dry."
-The Black Crowes

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Random Entry O'Goodies

First off, addressing some comments.

Princess, you are amazing.  I love that you even read my blog, let alone all of the comments you always leave.  Thanks a bunch.  You're great for my bloggy ego.

Voiceinmyhead:  It's not a girl thing.  To me none of the laps were particularly important.  The race really wasn't at all why I was there.  It was about the experience.

Speaking of the race, I found this pic of the fight in the pits AFTER the race on ESPN.com.  Classic.

Also, in E news (not entertainment, the person) I called her Monday night and spent an hour or so on the phone talking about anything and everything.  It was refreshing, and has really put my mind at ease.  We're going out to dinner tonight for an early birthday thing for her as she will be in NYC all weekend with her friends celebrating.  I got her some books (Bluebeard by Kurt Vonnegut and The Life of Pi by Yan Martel if you must know), and a blank card that I am trying to think of something good to write in.  Now, generally books=lame present.  But there is thought behind this, as if I didn't see her book on the bar the night we met, I never would have spoken to her in the first place.  These are the things I think of when buying gifts.

In other news, my roommate brought home a girl Sunday night.  She was in the apartment for 5 minutes and didn't say anything really....turns out they spent the day at IKEA.  Nice work on the first date bud....real Don Juan of you.  All I've gotten from him on the subject is "Her family is loaded and she's kind of smart.  She's not bad to look at either."  He didn't sense my sarcasm when I responded "Well at least you have your priorities in the right place...."  If this girl can stand him for more than 5 dates then she's is losing big time points in my scorebook.

Now for some random links I've been building up for the last few weeks:

This story really surprised me.  Not because Megan Fox was all hot on a female stripper.  That to me is kind of par for the course in this day and age.  Mostly because she's engaged to Brian Austin Green.  Are you fucking kidding me Megan Fox?  David from 90210?  We'll see her in a tabloid for some Britney like behavior in the near future.  Don't say I didn't warn you.

Think drilling for oil off shore is the solution to our energy problems?  Well, you're wrong.  Does everyone get it now?  More oil isn't going to help.  What WILL work is if we don't need so much.

Maybe this explains my problems with women?  Maybe not.  Who knows.

I really have a local bias toward art and music, but wherever you're from you can definitely appreciate this video.  Amazing.

The best part of this video is that Colbert is shitting on him the whole time and he seems like he doesn't even get it.



Can we all tell that I hate Bill O'Reilley yet? Like, despise him more than anyone else on the planet? Well, I do. Ok Bill, let's call a war veteran unpatriotic. People will buy that. Oh wait! They do?! WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE???



Oh, right. They're the people who won't fund stem cell research....no matter what miracles they could perform.

I absolutely LOVE this guys photography. I'm not sure what it is. I love the richness of color in the the photos the have it, and the overall composition of nearly every one.

And on that note, I will bid adiue. Thanks again for reading and commenting. All the best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww..well, heck. I love that you love that I read your blog.

First, books are never a lame gift. I love books. To give and receive. I'll have to check out the ones you are giving E. I have been meaning to read "The Life of Pi" but, well, I didn't. I'd like to say I was reading Proust, but I was reading chick lit.

Second, that dude could not have been taking a pic of a beach in Nice. They are topless. I know because I went topless at that beach, and Antibes, and..ok maybe I was topless a lot.

Third, yes that is your problem with women. It's totally not you. It's them. They're still in bad boy age. Wait a few years. you have the rest of your life to be married. Have some fun.