WELCOME TO MY HEAD

Here it is....for the world to see....
Please read, and tell your friends...
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD COMMENT!!!!

Quote of the....well....however long it takes for me to get a new one.

"You don't miss your water
Till your well runs dry."
-The Black Crowes

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Black Hole?!

So I'm blogging at work again. Why you may ask? Well because my office is empty and I'm the only one here....and there is a story to that.

So a professional organization in Boston, which I don't belong to, because quite frankly I hang out with engineers all day, I don't need to hang out with them after work to, gets tickets for a Red Sox game every year that they sell at a profit to fund their procedings for the year. My company bought tickets this year. I bought them last year, but wasn't on the ball enough to ensure that I bought a few for myself this year.

My company bought four tickets. One for my boss, one for another older guy I work with, one for the kid who is a member of the organization, and one for another guy I work with, we'll call him Fredo. So my boss is in NYC for business today, and therefore couldn't take the ticket. He told Fredo this, but didn't tell anyone else, assuming Fredo would offer said ticket to me and I'd go to the game. Well, Fredo didn't offer me the ticket. Instead he offered it to some random bartender who he met that gave him a few free drinks.

Can you believe this shit? So, some random chick gets a ticket that MY company paid for, my entire office empties out, and I'm left here on a beautiful day while they attend the Red Sox game. Fredo has a RUDE awakening coming the next time I see him, because quite frankly this is bullshit. I'm not sure if my boss knows about what went down or not, but I'm sure he'd frown upon fredo giving a company purchased ticket to some random bartender. I'm not going to tell him, but Fredo is going to hear about this.

To add insult to injury, when I bought tickets last year, I gave one to Fredo. We went to the game, and he spilled beer all over me. I have to be honest, Fredo is really wearing on me. He's moody, whiney and one of those guys who can dish out shit but can't take it without turning into a little crybaby.

So here I am. I am angry, but I would be much angrier if I hadn't attended the game last night. It was a whooping. And a good time. I'm deliberating on how long I really need to stay in the office today as we speak.

In other news, I still haven't figured out what to do with E tomorrow. I'm gonna call her tonight to make sure we're still on (YIKES!) and hopefully think of something fun to do between now and then. Again, suggestions are welcome.

In still OTHER news, the girl that I hooked up with that was friends with the girl from the boat this weekend (see below) sent me an email today. Presumably random because it said "I was thinking of you because J was up in Gloucester for the race." No mention of her engagement though....which is interesting. The story with her is, again, for another post. Maybe later tonight. It's a good one. Fun, tragic...and a bit steamy. Your interesting is piqued, you know it ;)

Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohh! Steamy! Tell, tell!

Ok,maybe I need to get back out there again.

Dates..ok this might be stupid, but do you have a place like Dave and Busters or something? It's where they have old arcade games and new ones as well. I always have fun there. But then I am the reigning queen of skeeball. Just a thought.

Susie said...

Oooh, good luck! E sounds like a sweetheart.

By the way, I just read your Trivis Guy entry and I totally think he did the trivia a few weeks ago at the Aquarium bar. We kept joking that he stayed up late downloading the perfect music and getting really excited about it.

Lynn said...

Hope things go well with E.