WELCOME TO MY HEAD

Here it is....for the world to see....
Please read, and tell your friends...
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD COMMENT!!!!

Quote of the....well....however long it takes for me to get a new one.

"You don't miss your water
Till your well runs dry."
-The Black Crowes

Friday, September 5, 2008

"OMG I'm marrying you!"

So, here's a quick recap of the date last night....

I had a missed call from E at 6 yesterday.  Needless to say my neurotic brain thought the worst.  I called back, no answer.  Texted, and got a call back about 10 minutes later.  Turns out her phone died and she had a bunch of voicemails and rather than going through them all decided she'd call me to see if it was me.

I met her at her door at 7 and we hopped in a cab to kenmore square to have dinner at Eastern Standard.  (Random Side Note: I've kind of realized that she sort of looks like the girl from Heroes.  Hayden Panattiere. (Thank you google.)  I've never watched that show, but you can't get away from gossip mags these days.)  At first she didn't seem as thrilled as I'd would have liked to be there.  I asked her if she liked oysters, which she said she loved so we got a bunch.  Had wine, and then dinner.  All the while talking.  I guess I was making progress, as she seemed like
 she loosened up a bit.

We talked about all the normal first date stuff.  Family, friends, all of that fun stuff.  She was really actually fun to talk to once she settled in.  She got up to have a smoke (which I have to say I'm not WILD about, but definitely not a deal breaker) and I joked "No running away!"

"Of course I'm not gonna run away.  I'm really having fun talking to you."

I was caught off guard, because I was having a great time too, but you normally don't get that kind of blunt honesty.

"Are you not having fun?"  She asked.

"Oh, no.  Of course I am.  I'm having a great time.  Hurry back ok?"

She smiled and left to smoke.  The waitress came with the dessert menu.  When E came back I asked if she wanted dessert and she said she wasn't really in the mood, so I suggested a dessert drink.

"What do you have in mind?" she asked.

"I was thinking scotch, but take a look, they have port and..."

"Oh no, scotch is perfect!"

Wow.  Don't see that every day.

So I ordered a couple of glasses of scotch and we sat and drank.  I got the bill, paid and said "Shall we?"

She said, "Do you maybe wanna go grab a drink somewhere else?"

"Of course!"

We walked up to Match on Mass Ave.  Walked through the front door and it was packed.  She suggested we go somewhere that we could hear each other talk.  I suggested the Otherside Cafe on Newbury.

"Oh my god I love that place!  Let's go!"

We went, sat down got some beers and talked.  Politics came up.  She came with the "Are you a liberal?"  "Nope."

"Oh, if you're a conservative we can't hang out anymore."

"I'm not a conservative either.  I don't agree with either of them 100%, and agree with both on some things."

She asked me all of the controversial questions about abortion, gun control etc.  Apparently my answers were good enough because she said "Oh my god I'm going to marry you.  I can't believe I met someone who actually has intelligent reasons for their political stances!"  She leaned over and kissed me right then.

(Side Rant:  Let's talk economics for a second.  Hey republicans, ya know how you wanna make tax cuts for rich people permanent?  Well, you understand that the economy is going in the shitter right?  Remember "stimulus checks?"  Remember how it helped the economy?  Well, if you STOP giving money to rich people, and start giving it to the poor and middle class THEY'LL GET A STIMULUS CHECK EVERY YEAR!!! HELLO!!!!  If you give a 30k tax cut to a guy with $5 mill in income a year it isn't going to make ANY difference on how he spends his money.  If you give a $1500 tax cut to 20 middle class and poor people they will spend it on groceries, clothes and gasoline, hence stimulating the economy.  It isn't rocket science.  Am I missing something here?)

Anyway, we left the Otherside and hopped in a cab home.  She asked if I wanted her to come over.  Of course we were a little drunk at the time, and i obviously wanted her to come over.  In the cab she crawls on my lap for some sloppy make outs.  The cab driver told her she needed to sit down...too bad.

So we get to my place, go on the roof deck for a smoke and talk for a bit.  She asks, "Are you going to call me tomorrow?"

"Are you kidding?  Of course I am.  Now that I know you want me to I will definitely be calling you tomorrow."

We go downstairs and end up in my room.  I sit on my bed, she sits on my lap, and...ummm....she left with me and waited with me for the subway this morning.  She says "Ugh, I hope you don't think I'm a slut.  I really like you but I feel like we shouldn't have done that last night."

"I can assure you I don't think any less of you because of what happened last night.  When can I see you again?"

I ran into her on my way into the apartment coming home from work.  She asked what I was up to, I told her I'm on my way to Somerville to hang out with some friends for a bbq.  She told me to call her when I get back to Brighton, so there we are.

She seems like a pretty cool girl.  Isn't offended by bad language or lame jokes and seems genuinely interested in me.  She has some baggage, as do I, but where am I going to find anyone without at least a little bit of baggage at my age.

Oh, and here's a shocker: she's eastern European.  Half Polish, half Greek.  Aye.  It's like a disease with me.

Anyway, until next time.  Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice. Sounds like you guys really hit it off! I hope it works out for you!

Gotta love a gal who drinks scotch.