WELCOME TO MY HEAD

Here it is....for the world to see....
Please read, and tell your friends...
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD COMMENT!!!!

Quote of the....well....however long it takes for me to get a new one.

"You don't miss your water
Till your well runs dry."
-The Black Crowes

Monday, May 19, 2008

Job Perks

Instead of work tomorrow I get to play 18 holes at a private country club, on the company.  Yes, I have that kind of job.  I know, i seem like a real douche bag for complaining about it so much.  Honestly, I do like my job sometimes.  Sometimes I love my job.  But there are also times that I hate it.

In other news, I met a girl this weekend.  We started talking for a really random reason.  I was in a 6+ year relationship that ended nearly 4 years ago.  We have  a lot of friends in common (as tends to happen when you date that long) so when I go home to visit my parents we sometimes cross paths.  Well, this weekend I popped in on my cousin to drag him and his future wife out to see a band, and wouldn't you know it the ex (two exes ago at this point I guess) was there.  Well, she ran from me like the plague.  I mean, I don't mean to be rude, but isn't it weird to run from someone you haven't dated in 4 years?  After she was gone everyone made excuses why she left, but the only honest answer I got was from my cousin's future wife "she thought it would be awkward."  Awkward?  Know what's awkward??  
When you literally run from a house because I've arrived, and feel that you can't even be seen in the same crowded bar as me.  THAT is awkward.

Anyway, I was speaking to another mutual friend of ours about this at the bar later, and she was absolutely dumbfounded by the whole situation which made me feel better.  While talking to her I saw an absolutely stunning girl kind of looking/listening in to our conversation.  She was tall, with wavy brunette hair, light blue eyes...beautiful.  So I thought, fuck it. "Had an experience like that?" I asked her over my friend's shoulder.  "Actually yes" she answered and we proceeded to talk about how she had a 5+ year relationship that had ended and the guy was just as awkward as my ex even months and years later.

Well, she left to go inside (we were on the deck) but I said I'd see her later and she said "I hope so."  That was all I needed.  I played it cool.  Hung out with my friends, talked to a few people I haven't seen in a while.  Then an old friend from high school asked me to come dance with her up by the stage.  I oblige
d (yes, I had a pretty good buzz on, which explains my willingness to dance).  No sooner am I at the front of the stage than I catch the eyes of the same beauty I had spoken to before.  We danced, chatted, but I made no move to be physical beyond dancing.  At the end of the night we were headed in different directions, and she was talking to friends as I was rounding up mine to depart.  I walked over, asked if I could pull her away for two seconds, pulled out my cell, handed it to her and said, "If you give me your phone number I will be here every weekend to see you if that is what you want."  
Now, that is hanging it out there, and I would NOT have been surprised to get a big fat "hell no!" but she seemed excited!!  And quickly typed her name and phone number into my phone.  This, needless to say, made my night.  So, Kaitlyn, I will call you.  I am playing it cool right now, because I guess that's what I'm supposed to do, but you will hear from me, and if my luck holds up, I will see you again this weekend.

Now I just have to hope that she actually gave me her number, and not that one that a machine answers and says "dude, she gave you a bad number because she doesn't like you."  

Cross your fingers.
:)

No comments: