WELCOME TO MY HEAD

Here it is....for the world to see....
Please read, and tell your friends...
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD COMMENT!!!!

Quote of the....well....however long it takes for me to get a new one.

"You don't miss your water
Till your well runs dry."
-The Black Crowes

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Houston...we have a problem...


So, people suck.  Most people.  I shouldn't say that.  A lot of people.  If you've been reading, you may remember the Filthy Savages post from a while back.  Well, I brought my car to the shop yesterday to get it fixed, and wouldn't you know it, it won't be done till next Monday.  I know, its kind of my own fault for being the kind of pretentious jerk who drives an Audi, because of course, the dealership doesn't have the part, it needs to be ordered...BLAH!

Now, normally this wouldn't be a problem because I don't drive a lot, but how the HELL am I supposed to call and make plans with Kaitlyn when I have no wheels?!  She doesn't live in the city, so I'm left with few options:

1.  Borrow someone's car - not happening.  The only person I know who would probably let me borrow his car is my roommate, and I don't want to owe him anything.  Just trust me on this one.

2.  Zipcar - now, I don't mind Zipcar I guess, but you know I'd end up with one of those super lame smart cars or something like that, and be sitting in the driver's seat on a first date saying "I swear, my real car is an Audi, its just in the shop."  Would you by that?  Just not the way to start off if you're really interested in someone.

3.  Invite Kaitlyn to the city.

Now, this is an interesting proposition for a number of reasons.  I was invited to a friends b-day party this friday, that I was totally planning on blowing off to take Kaitlyn out (assuming she agreed to go out with me on Friday in the first place of course)  This is a party for a friend who is a girl (funny, I have lots of girls who are friends...how did that happen??) so I'm sure she will have lots of cute friends, and we will be out till all hours of the night, but honestly all I can think of is how I can see Kaitlyn.  It is so wierd!  Also adding to the dynamic is the friend who brought the girl to the party "for me" last weekend.  She will be at these birthday festivities.  Not that anything probably would happen, but you know how loose some lips get with a few martinis.  Also adding to that situation is the fact that the friend of the friend from last weekend may be coming to Boston NEXT weekend...and not to be presumptuous or anything, but she may be expecting something....that may all change if I'm with some other girl the weekend before....though that probably shouldn't be my motivation for doing anything...

I've kind of decided I'm going to extend the invitation to Kaitlyn to come to Boston on Friday.  Chances are she will turn it down, in fact I expect that.  I'm not going to say I won't be disappointed, but that would mean I'd get to spend the night out with a bunch of girls anyway....so I guess it's not all bad....

(Side note:  I've been a different person lately.  Honestly, when I'm in a relationship other women are the last thing on my mind.  I have zero problem being monogamous.  But now that I'm single it is a completely different mind set.  I feel like I need to meet and hang out with as many women as I can...and if it goes further than that...well I'm not going to be the one to stop it most of the time (kind of makes me a little bit of a slut doesn't it?)  It just seems very out of character for me, but at the same time, when you're living this single life (which many of you know I am not used to AT ALL) I guess the point is to get yourself out there and have fun with as many people as you can.....)

The last time I was single I took this approach for a little too long.  I let someone who I was very interested in slip away because I was more concerned with having fun. (There was a bit of a miscommunication here too.  I was under the impression that she was just interested in fun and nothing more.  Had I known she wanted a relationship with me it may have turned out differently.  I only found out that she did about a year into my last relationship, and now she lives with her new boyfriend.)

It is so hard to know if what I am doing is right.  But I'm not going to over think it.  I'm going to make the call tonight and put the invite out there.  If she says yes, fantastic.  If she says no, thats not so horrible either.....I'm honestly not sure what I'm hoping for more....This is strange for me...I always know what I want...

1 comment:

megabrooke said...

i think it's good to just put yourself out there and go with the flow. so long as you're being up front with the girls you're seeing about your intentions of just looking to have a good time and not looking for anything all too serious.

and have FUN with it! overthinking things too much takes away some of the fun of it, you know? i know that from experience, oof!