WELCOME TO MY HEAD

Here it is....for the world to see....
Please read, and tell your friends...
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD COMMENT!!!!

Quote of the....well....however long it takes for me to get a new one.

"You don't miss your water
Till your well runs dry."
-The Black Crowes

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Housekeeping! Want me Fluff Pillow!?

So just some random housekeeping.  First, found this link on the Digg (one of my all time favorite web sites) and I thought it tied in nicely with the "That Guy" post from a couple weeks back.  I guess I'm the writer one...or was for 1 day.  Lame huh?

Also, voiceinmyhead made a great point about the "The Myth...The Legend" post.  You are absolutely right.  That "I don't need advice from strippers" was pretty much a horrible thing to say, and honestly, I didn't even think about it at the time.  I know a lot of people would sit here and further badmouth strippers to make themselves not look like a jerk, but I really tend to agree with you on this one.  I guess I am a bit judgmental in that post, and I will work to try not to be.  Thank you for the post.  This is totally what I started this blog for.  If not for voiceinmyhead's post I wouldn't have thought twice about that, so again, thank you.

Also, with regard to the work post, it seems dress codes are the craw in everyone's collective
 paw.  Except you, average girl in average world.  I can't disagree when you say that wearing nice clothes makes you feel good, but what I will say is that the kinds of clothes that I think I look good in are not what my dress code will allow.  Honestly, I think I have far more
 confidence and feel much better about myself in a pair of jeans than a pair of khakis.  (Random Tangent:  What the F is with pleated pants?  Are they the stupidest looking things ever?  I don't own
 a pair, never will, and every time I see someone in pleated khakis I just feel bad.  FLAT FRONT PANTS GENTLEMEN!!! I'm no slave to fashion, but even I know pleated pants are a big fat no no.)  Anyway, thank you all for your comments and PLEASE keep reading and commenting.

Oh!!!!!  So, today is the day that I'm going to call The Girl From The Bar (also known as Kaitlyn).  Honestly, I'm not nervous.  I don't know what I am, but I know what nervous feels like, and this is not it.  I'm trying to think of how to do this without it turning into a weird awkward phone conversation that lasts longer than it should.  I'm thinking my best bet is to stop thinking and just do it.  I may put it off till tomorrow....I'm a serial procrastinator, but I won't be able to hang out with her till Saturday night anyway, though I guess I should probably get my hand in there before she makes other plans.  Eh, we'll see.  I'll keep you all posted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'm fascinated..
I want to know how that call went

and the rest of this post means I'll be reading your blog from now on

I mean really.. such replies.. musta have been some posts!

Anonymous said...

Nice to know you staying true to yourself with your writing.

Now..about those pleated pants....you are correct, they are the most un-sexy, ignorant pair of pants ever made.

Thanks for the shout out there :)

Julie said...

I'm still waiting to hear how that call went...