WELCOME TO MY HEAD

Here it is....for the world to see....
Please read, and tell your friends...
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD COMMENT!!!!

Quote of the....well....however long it takes for me to get a new one.

"You don't miss your water
Till your well runs dry."
-The Black Crowes

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Legitimate Sports Column...but first.

Text messaged my other girl friend (yes, another one) this morning that was at the concert this weekend with the ex because she had texted me that she had a story to tell me.  She texted back that she'd call me later to tell me.  3 minutes later I got a text from the ex that said "can I ask you for a favor?"  I replied "of course, shoot."  She wrote "So B (the new bf) and I were in a little spat about Petty because he wanted to go with me but I went with H instead" (end of text 1, I'm using initials to protect the innocent, not that anyone would ever know who they are.  Anyway, I could tell where this was going.) "and i didnt want to make matters worse telling him that I hung out with the ex, so if you could just not mention it when you see him at the wedding that would be cool" (end of text 2.  We are both bride/grooms people in the same wedding later this summer btw.)  "Not that he has a problem with you AT ALL (lie...that is a lie.  He obviously has a problem, but as I said yesterday, I can kind of understand) but I didn't want to throw salt in the wound."  I replied "Not a problem, your secret is safe with me.  It was really nice to see you by the way."

So my guess was correct.  This is about the boyfriend more so than the two of us.  Which really sucks because we could be really good friends.  I mean, we were in a six plus year relationship and she knows me and I her probably better than anyone else.  It could be good, advantageous, helpful and just plain nice to have a friend like that, at least from my perspective.  But it looks 
like it is not meant to be.  I'm kind of disappointed, but, to use a super LAME cliche, it is what it is, and there's really nothing I can do about it.

In other news, game six of the NBA finals is tonight in Boston.  The Celtics gave away a winable game 5 in LA on Sunday night thanks in large part to the fact that Kevin Garnett failed to show up.  Don't get me wrong, I love KG.  He is the single most important thing that happened to this team this year, but he has a bad habit of disappearing at the end of important games.  He doesn't take open shots when he has them, has a habit of committing dumb fouls and missed 3 HUGE free throws at the end of the last game.  At the same time Paul Pierce was playing one of the best finals games ever turned in by a Celtic (that is saying something people.  The Celtics have played in more finals games than any other franchise.)  Tonight they need to win.  I want NO part of a game seven with Kobe on the floor, so if you read this and you're going to the game tonight you better be on your feet for 3 straight hours screaming your lungs out.  

I'm already a bit frightened of the dubious officiating crew that has been assigned to this game.  In game five David Stern essentially gave a big fat F you to any skeptics by assigning Dick Bavetta, a man under federal investigation based on allegations that he improperly influenced a playoff game between the Lakers and Kings in 2002, to referee that game in LA.  Bennett Salvator, who is assigned to this game is also implicated as far as I know, and Joey Crawford, another official who will have his hand in this game, was suspended last year after picking a fight with Tim Duncan DURING a game.  Needless to say I will be spending a lot of energy cursing bad foul calls while chugging beers to calm my nerves this evening.  Should be an interesting day at the office tomorrow.

Open Letter to the Celtics:  My father was once the worlds biggest Celtics fan.  You lost him in about 1994 after Reggie Lewis died and the team sank into obscurity/suckitude.  I personally don't remember the glory days in the 80's when Bird, McHale and the Chief were winning championships, but from what I hear it is on par with a Red Sox victory in this town.  So please, for my father, for me and for all of us in this town who have been waiting for the Celtics to be the team and the franchise that tradition and history knows they are, bring one home for us tonight.

I will be the first one in line at the Celtics store buying all the homer hokey fan crap that you guys come out with.  All you have to do is win one more.  Do it for yourselves, your careers and your families.  But most of all do it for us.  The fans of the Celtics who never really went away.

And Doc, PLEASE don't put Sam Cassell in this game.  PLEASE?!  I'm not asking much.  You can do whatever else you want.  Just let Sam I Am the Freaky Alien wave his towel on the bench for this one.  It will be for the better.  I promise.

Oh, and to the fans, could we get a "No means NO!" chant going when Kobe is shooting free throws?  Your chants in this series have been sub-par at best.

17.  Raise it to the rafters.

No comments: